Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation® is a computer application that enables data transfer between a PlayStation®Vita system or PlayStation®TV system* and a computer. By installing the application on your computer, you can do things like copy content from your computer to your PS Vita system/PS TV system and back up data from your PS Vita system/PS TV system to your computer.
*PlayStation®TV is sold as PlayStation®Vita TV in some countries and regions. Systems with either name are referred to as "PS TV" on this website.
Click here to download the Windows® version.
Backing up saved data and application data (game data)
You can back up the saved data for games played on your PS Vita system/PS TV system, and the application data (game data) for games purchased from PlayStation®Store, to your computer.
Copying music, image, and video files
You can display lists of music, image, and video files stored on your computer and transfer the files to your PS Vita system/PS TV system. You can also transfer music, image, and video files from your PS Vita system/PS TV system to your computer.
Backing up system files
You can back up system files saved on the PS Vita memory card or in system memory to your computer.
Performing a system update of the PS Vita system
When a Wi-Fi access point is not available, you can perform a system update of the PS Vita system using a computer that can connect to the Internet.
For detailed operating instructions for each feature, and for information about other features, refer to the User's Guide.
Installation and Uninstallation for the Mac OS
Download the installer application here. When you open the installer, the installation screen for Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation® will appear. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the installation.
- After the installation is complete, a message about creating the database for the PS Vita system/PS TV system appears the first time you launch Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation®.
In the Finder, select [Go] > [Applications], and then drag [Content Manager Assistant] to the Trash. Although the user data files and settings can be left undeleted on your Mac, you can delete them manually by deleting the following items:
- Settings file:
- Folder containing the database:
/Users/[User name]/Library/Application Support/Sony Corporation/Content Manager Assistant
- Startup settings on login (Administrator privileges required):
[System Preferences] > [Users & Groups] > [Login Items] > [Content Manager Assistant (All Users)]
Depending on the version of the OS you use, the name of the folders and items may vary.
PS Vita system/PS TV system
- System software version 1.60 or later
- One of the following operating systems:
- OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later
- OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 or later
- OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 or later
- OS X Lion 10.7.5 or later
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or later
- Mac El Capitan
- Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz processor or greater
- At least 40 MB of free space on the hard disk
- At least 512 MB of RAM
- USB 2.0-compatible port and USB cable*1, or a connection to your home network*2 (used for connecting the PS Vita system/PS TV system)
*1 A PS TV system cannot be connected with a USB cable.
*2 To connect to a PS Vita system/PS TV system using Wi-Fi, a Wi-Fi access point is necessary.
- An Internet connection
Refer to the Support section of this website for any questions regarding Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation®.
- " "、"PlayStation" and " " are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- Mac, Mac OS and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- The names of any other systems or products are, in general, registered trademarks and trademarks of their various developers and manufacturers.