Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation® is a computer application that enables data transfer between a PS Vita system and a computer. By installing it on your computer, you can do things like copy content from your computer to your PS Vita system and back up data from your PS Vita system to your computer.
Click here to download the Mac OS version.
Backing up saved data and application data (game data)
You can back up the saved data for games played on your PS Vita system, and the application data (game data) for games purchased from PlayStation®Store to your computer.
Copying music, image, and video files
You can display lists of music, image, and video files stored on your computer and transfer the files to your PS Vita system. You can also transfer music, image, and video files in the opposite direction.
Backing up system files
You can back up system files saved on the PS Vita memory card or in system memory to your computer.
Performing a system update of the PS Vita system
When a Wi-Fi access point is not available, you can perform a system update of the PS Vita system using a computer that can connect to the Internet.
For detailed operating instructions for each feature, and for information about other features, see the User’s Guide for the PS Vita system.
Installation and Uninstallation
Download the installation file here and save the file on your desktop or in a convenient folder. When the downloaded file is launched, the installation screen for Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation® will appear. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the installation.
- During the installation process, dialog boxes might appear that direct you to download components (additional software) needed to operate Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation®. If this happens, follow the on-screen instructions to download the components.
- After the installation is complete, a message about creating the database for the PS Vita system appears the first time you launch Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation®.
- After the installation is complete, if the Autoplay dialog box (shown below) appears, click [×] in the upper right of the dialog box to close it.
From the Windows® control panel, select “Add or Remove Programs” (if using Windows® XP) or “Programs and Features” (if using Windows Vista®, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8), and remove the program shown below.
- Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation(R)
PS Vita system
- PS Vita system (system software version 1.60 or later)
- USB cable or Wi-Fi access point (used for connecting a computer)
Computer running a Microsoft® Windows® operating system
- One of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 3 or later (32-bit version only)
- Windows Vista® Service Pack 2 or later (32-bit or 64-bit version)
- Windows® 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit or 64-bit version) or later
- Windows® 8 (32-bit or 64-bit version)
- 1 GHz processor or greater
- At least 150 MB of free space on the hard disk
- At least 512 MB of RAM
- Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later
- Windows Media® Player 11 (for Windows® XP and Windows Vista®) (must be installed from the URL displayed on the installer screen)
- Media Feature Pack (for Windows® 7 N, Windows® 7 KN, Windows® 8 N Edition and Windows® 8 KN Edition) (must be installed from the URL displayed on the installer screen)
- UBS 2.0-compatible port or Wi-Fi access point (used for connecting the PS Vita system)
- An Internet connection
Operations on custom-built computers are not guaranteed.
Refer to the Support section of this website for any questions regarding Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation®.
- " "、"PlayStation" and " " are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- Microsoft, Internet Explorer, Windows, Windows Vista and Windows Media are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- The names of any other systems or products are, in general, registered trademarks and trademarks of their various developers and manufacturers.